Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

On Suchitra Krishnamoorthy and Heera Rajagopal

Being an owl ,I often used to sleep off in the tv room when I was a teenager . The first sight in the morning when I woke up was a beautiful advertisement in which a pretty young woman and a handsome bearded man were romancing . Though a short clip .the first sight when you wake up , my age at that time and also the beautiful picturisation of romance in that ad still lingers in my memory . Its years since I learnt that the actors in that clip were Shekhar kapoor and Suchitra krishnamoorthy . End of story . Teenage daydreaming of a teenager .

No . As a avid reader of celebrity and famous peoples lives (blogged many times about it ) it took just a few mouse clicks to learn that the on screen romance didn’t stop there . While I was growing up they had a relationship got married (nothing unusual except he was many years her senior ) . Marriage lasted many years and later the couple got divorced . Life has come full circle and now she has even published a book called Drama queen.

Whenever I think about the paradoxes of life I think also of Suchitra over the years . For my generation she was a heartthrob and at least from that advertisement an icon of romance , she had a romance in real life and in later years came out of it stronger but philosophical . And being as candid as she is about her personal life I think how the philosophy , the prettiness , the strength yet the vulnerabilities get packaged in a woman.I like it because the unique blend of strength yet vulnerable makes woman a woman .

Coming to Heera , being a doctor I liked the film Nirnayam . Film is about a doctor who is accused of murder . But I couldn’t help but stare at the beautiful actress who looked my type of beauty ( lookwise i dont like ultrathin women ) and playing the part of a lady doctor too . Her name was Heera Rajagopal and she has acted in many mainstream movies . And typical of kerala actresses , she got married ,moved off from filmdom and lost for most . But the internet historian found that she got divorced and has become a philanthropist . Also from her bitter experiences she emerged a strong woman . Unlike Suchitra who says about the vulnerabilities combined with the strength which she got with her experience , Heera from childhood a person who responds against injustices did just that even when she was systematically isolated during her divorce time . And for a person like me who in my own way expresses my views that too made me think . The same woman who in reel life was a heartthrob of oozing sensuality was in real life over the years showing the other side of her . With my limited reading I could sense the combination of strength and honesty in her writings .

Life doesn’t treat everyone fairly and I realize fully well the paradoxes in life especially if you live for many years past teenage . Still realizing fully well the strengths of experience I still feel a little sad about my two heartthrobs . I want them to be as happy as they were in reel life in those years or is it asking too much ?

please vote and share on the right side if you like the blog . And thanks for reading

3 comments:

  1. Heera Rajagopal was not from Kerala. She is Telugu (Sure) + Bengali (Not Sure).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call bullshit on Heera Rajagopal. Her writing makes her out to be certifiably insane and super confused. Not to mention her predilection to playing the victim in every circumstance of her life. Now she calls herself an orphan!!! Ajith made a smart choice in walking away while he could as did Pushkar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ajith and Heera separated just after Ajith’s spinal injury in a motorbike accident. She nursed him well during that period. Their break up was only announced by Ajith but she stopped acting and did not give any interview after that. (these all happened in 1999) Ajith still has back pain, has limited ability in dancing due to the spinal problem and has undergone many spinal surgeries too( more than 11 but I do not know the correct number). As a medical student now only I get to know the consequences of spinal injury. They were the 1st couple from whom I learnt what love is in my childhood. I love Heera. She has acted as doctor in 4 movies ( Nirnayam- Malayalam, Idhayam- tamil, Mun arivippu- Tamil and aur ek prem kahani- Hindi) She is a well educated woman and and she has completed her degree in psychology before entering the cine field. I love Ajith too. He is known for his self confidence and standing up in life in a situation where others could have commited suicide. If 2 people are separating it does not mean any one or both of them are wrong. From my point of view I love Heera and Ajith as good human beings.

    ReplyDelete