Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Good old days

"Da , dont talk like a girl ...the gossiping kind " I hissed . Still he persisted . Any other person would have got the full elephant charge(me of course the charging elephant ) for asking personal questions suddenly crossing the boundaries .

But he never got charged . In fact we talked for a full three hours . He was my classmate from school and this was the "updation process " going on . Catching up after all the years . Being a registered nerd during my school days my friends are all amazed at the change in me discussing topics quite different from physics , chemistry and biology .

But what i am amazed is the taking off from where we left decades back and again meeting just like the school days . In the last few months i met the pilot , the marketing managers , the senior engineers etc . But it felt like just the same as it were when we were school kids minus the mock physical fights , the cricket with young coconut seeds etc . What i am even more amazed is not only we are discussing chera , kiski , vembala etc(nicknames of teachers ) and good ol times but also about the current things . And no its not the typical "man to man " talk of cars and girls :) but about personal things . And the initial hissing by me was when one of them probed a little too deep for my comfort . But to tell the truth after some clarification i was very happy with the probing because though separated by decades of not in touch we were schoolmates . We had spent a significant part of our growing life together when the childhood innocence was gradually replaced by increasing knowledge of the world around .

Though i was a nerd each one of my classmates amazed me for accepting the nerdy me of that time as well as the me of present .
PS: I know gossipping girl is a stereotype and i told him so just to drive down the point dont ask too personal questions . We guys gossip more than any girl , at least me :) )

2 comments: