Total Pageviews

Friday, March 28, 2014

childhood memories

I am defintely becoming an old man .. (or rather already is :) ) . For why i am reminiscing on childhood again and again . Just some random thoughts .
As a child my knees have scraped the church floor often and i still remember the tranquility of the church studying in a christian school . At the same time i remember the religious chants of muslim priests in my ancestral home and remember the tranquil atmosphere there too . And to make matters even better used to occasionally go to the temple with the childless couple in the neighbourhood at the temple in our housing colony ..I dont know whether it is allowed but children is beyond religion and all the boundaries get drawn when you become an adult .For me that boundary never got drawn

And my childhood began and ended with Amar chitra katha the book which defined my childhood . whatever value system i got was at least partially derived from those books which showed my 5000 years old indian culture. From the good vs evil war of mahabharatha to the numerous stories from harischandra to tales of Buddha the 100 + volumes defined What is good and evil to me .

And the little boy though not a hindu couldnt help but had a deep admiration of the hindu culture which persists to even this day . Of course as an adult he saw that petty politicians cashed in on it without realising the true essence of the culture but for me hinduism was always way beyond all this .

And if you think as in a mammootty movie whether i am a hindu , muslim or christian what can i say about the bible stories read to us by our dad every alternate day . This was in addition to the quran meanings .
Childhood memories and impressions are very important .. Theres more to write just on religion and childhood memories .. Maybe another time .. Im interested in your childhood memories .. share it if you like in the comments section

No comments:

Post a Comment