Total Pageviews

Monday, September 10, 2012

the biker

One of my ex-neighbour is now in the gulf . Recently he and i had a chat . He a proud owner of many R series Yamahas including R1 was asking about my old bike a 100cc bike . Every five minute into the conversation he was asking about this bike . To pacify his intense interest in my bike ( more than myself ) i told about my current bike bajaj pulsar which at least goes 100 kmph steady without grumbling while my old kawasaki cried and screamed to touch 100 kmph . And why was this superbiker who has bikes which touch 320 kmph on racetrack enquiring about my puny kawasaki bajaj bike ?  .  Then i realised it  ... it was the bike in which he learnt to ride a bike and he was my only student in motorbike . Not that i was a bad teacher i was and still is finicky in giving my vehicles to anyone for learning as generally that is the end of that vehicle (clutch and gearbox )  .  But this person treated the bike so well that i made an exception for him long back  .

                                                                     It is said that people always remember their first love inspite of marrying aiswarya rai many years later :)  Similarly  this person was still remembering with respect and love his first bike in which he learnt biking .  And for him biking was not only a passion it was a solace .  (he showed me a photoblog by his friend about his bike and his personal story )  .  This person sometime ago had a personal tragedy and had become almost a recluse and gradually he rekindled his passion in biking and that saved him from going into the depths of depression . Fourty five minutes of chatting with him made me realise what he meant when he told "Beyond RPM of 6000 + the bike has  a character of its own .  It is like dealing with an individual with whom you have an intense connection "  .  Though my bike pulsar doesnt stand up to this level still i feel  there is meaning in his words that many of our mean machines have a character especially if you are passionate about it  .


2 comments:

  1. bai.. u said it and i know who that "person" is ... and he is proud to be ur student ..and always be ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks anil ...biking is always a thrill which no car can give ...only i wish our roads were safer for bikers

    ReplyDelete