Total Pageviews

Monday, September 10, 2012

beautiful ---movie review of malayalam film by anoop menon starring jayasoorya

I watched this movie in a bus while going for my cousins marriage . And since it absorbed my interest inspite of presence of my other cousins who was chatting constantly with me showed that i liked the movie very much  . But a word of warning though ... Many of the "conservative " malayalis may not like it  .

The lead role is played by Jayasoorya in which he plays the part of  a quadriplegic . This film is not about his struggle to survive and tears but about how he is celebrating his life to the full limited only by his physical challenge . The person who cannot even lift a hand to give shakehand to a friend is seen having a wonderful friendship in the movie . And the flirty comments he makes to all his female aquaintances be it the doctor who comes to treat him or the tv anchor who comes to interview him will not make you raise your eyebrows but will make you (if you are a film critic like me )  appreciate how the character gets away with it in style. (see the movie if you want to know what i mean )  .

But the icing in the cake is not those but the "realistic philosophies "  the character conveys . I wouldnt say a quadriplegics life is the greatest baseline for a positive outlook on life . But this film shows its possible ..  And if you felt  it is just fantasy  its not . Anoop Menon has told it is based on a real life character .  And i too have seen a few  physically challenged persons who have  a much positive attitude towards life than most of my  able bodied fellowmen  .

Though lust and love(this movie has it in plenty not in action but in dialogues )   has a place in this world this movie also underlines that trusting relationships also has a role in this world . Without telling you the climax or even the plot it is a good movie if you are not the "ultraconservative " type  .

And yes comedians do make great heroes in good roles :  Jayasoorya has done a great role  and Anoop Menon (im seeing his film for first time ) has great promise in the revival of malayalam cinema ...

3 comments:

  1. Haroon, you have convinced me that I should see this movie. Will go and search the DVD shops today itself
    z mami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doc, thought to share my review of the film here, hope you don't mind my barging in. :P I've been leading a life like him since birth yet have tried to keep my objectivity in tact. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment zulaiha mami and paresh .
      Paresh , its commendable if you are leading a life like him . Just gone briefly through your film reviews . will go in detail soon (i mean reading them :) ) .

      Delete