Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

beauty is indeed in the eyes of the beholder

A week back i had blogged about Sunny leone (dont ask me who that is ..wikipedia for details or my blog :) ) . Yesterday i saw my cousin in chennai and he told me he liked the blog (no wonder he is my favourite cousin )  .  Then he commented " bro (short form for brother  )  , but she is not that beautiful "  .  Till that time casually nodding to him and walking i braked .

 "What ?  isnt she the perfect beauty (read : hot and beautiful )  .

No bro .. Shes a big girl  .  He just stopped short of saying shes fat compared to the numerous skinny girls he liked ..

Anyway i made a note in my minds eye that beauty is indeed in the eyes of beholder .

                                                         Fast backward :  when i was in mumbai some girls and myself were having a discussion and they were showing me their "potential" bridegrooms . By conventional standards some of them looked liked models . I looked at their facial expression and they were saying " These guys are at best ok and at worst looked like monkeys"  .  I looked again : I thought i was looking at  humans and they didnt have a tail or excess monkey hair  .

For one moment i told them " Ok .. If these are monkeys pls show me your idea of male beauty (other than me of course :)  )  "

Thanks to facebook immediately i saw a set of pics whom they considered hot  .  Oh my God :  i wont say they were ugly but some of them at least reminded me of monkeys in hairstyle or general appearance .
They asked me " How is this one .. I smiled .. no comment .  " Next one ....hmmm .. just ok  "  .

Anyway again point noted ... beauty is indeed in the eyes and brain of the beholder .

                                                                       Then my dad who commented  something is wrong with madhuri dixit . Hey appa , you too  ??  Whats wrong with madhuri dixit  ? (one of my favourites ) .

She has got chicken legs .. Oh god  .. No comment  ...

                                                                               Recently i met a girl from abroad who was raving about the hot guys she met in Rajasthan .  Now knowing the rajput courage and having met a few rajputs during my travels i didnt feel there was anything spectacularly different in Rajasthan in terms of beauty . To tell the truth i was feeling a little jealous of these "hot guys "  .  After a few days she showed the pictures of these "hot guys "  . Balloon deflated .. Jealousy turned to laughter ... It was the run of the mill average indian the kind you usually see all over india who will score a perfect 5 out of 10 on a beauty scale ( really average ) . All of them . If this is what she means by hot guys she has seen india well but not the hot indians ..(me included ... im joking ok  .. dont take me seriously  )  . To make matters worse she told me Tom cruise is not ugly (then i would have assumed shes crazy ) but not particularly hot and handsome .

                                                             I can go on and on about this topic but guys and girls if at all you feel you are not beautiful dont check in the mirror  .... there will be at least a subset of people who will find you beautiful  ...

PS : In one of my earlier blogs i mentioned that i liked dark complexioned girls . Then some of my friends who are girls were asking you like dark girls ??.  The point they missed was I like dark girls , brown girls and fair girls no discrimination .. tall girls or short girls .. But they shouldnt be skinny  .. Hey so I like fatty girls ?
No way ... Like one of my cousins put it long back " Haroon likes girls like mamta kulkarni .. fat at the right places " .When i grew up that sentence read as "curvy "  .

Yes girls like sunny leone and Mamta Kulkarni ..Cant i also have my idea of beauty  ? 




                                                                           


2 comments:

  1. Now you know why my first crush was sreenivasan! I never changed my opinion though everyone used to say that he isnt handsome.He still is !(to me). Then comes naseeruddeen shah,murali and the guy in 'sunrise coffee powder' ad (forgot his name, but very well remember his charming smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for comment . If you like murali you should see kalikkalam the mammootty movie in which murali is a police officer . Hes really smart in it and one of nice roles too

    ReplyDelete