Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 2, 2012

happy raksha bandhan...


Raksha bandhan day is celebrated fervently in most parts of india .  The festivities primarily involve tying of a band on the wrist asserting the protection of the girl by the guy .  And it also implies she is to be considered as his sister as brothers are expected to protect sisters .  Im not too sure about whether latter is correct because that is what I think because these days I am finding many guys literally running away from girls on raksha bandhan day  .  On asking some of them told we are sworn to protect women but “brother “ is too much .We are happy enough with our existing sisters and do not want all the pretty girls as our “sisters “
One of my friends in Chennai even updated his facebook profile asking women he knows that there is no vacancy of “sister “ in his life . And though I have never consciously run away from any girl on Raksha bandhan day I still remember the day when I was studying in college when the prettiest girl of my class sneakily came up from behind me (no exaggeration ) and tied rakhi on my wrist . I don’t know whether she wanted my protection or wanted to be protected from me J 
So guys enjoy the day  and girls best wishes … happy raksha bandhan …

No comments:

Post a Comment