Total Pageviews

Monday, August 27, 2012

Eating gene --a family trait

I have not done a DNA test on myself . But last week indeed made me realise that i belong to the marikar family . Why ? 

Last week i was in chennai in the land of the great masala dosa and filter coffee . Almost everyday on some pretext or other i used to gorge on this delicacy of south india .  Though suggestive ,but that doesnt prove with hundred percent accuracy that i have the family trait of food first then next . Masala dosa is tasted by many foodies when you visit tamil nadu .

If the breakfasts and lunches and even evening "snack " is filled with these south indian delicacies it was at dinner time that the "eating gene " of my family raised its head .  Being a sushi lover (japanese food ) and having tasted sushi in chennai last time i wanted to eat it for dinner . If you say you are also a foodie like me , i completely disagree . Almost everyday i used to haggle with the notorious chennai autowalas goto ttk road and went to eat the "raw " but tasty sushi . It was not a five star hotel and the first days bill for only me was 2200 rs  .. Ok so some of the foodies are eliminated because most of the foodies are not "experimenters " though they love good food .

If you still think that you have this experimental familial eating gene think again . On day 2 , i felt guilty as i wanted to eat sushi again . In the pretext of shopping for  a new mobile i went again did mobile shopping , and went to eat sushi again for 1600 rs . (for one person )  which was next to the mobile shop . I dont know whether i enjoyed my new mobile or the sushi more ..

If you think i am a great splurger Im not for most things  .. period --not on fancy cars , fancy dresses etc etc (note the term splurge )  . I do buy these in moderation . But food is a big exception . And if you think i eat all this food by myself think again ... even in the short while i was in chennai me and my cousin went to two days to very nice kerala restaurant . But i was not so sure my cousin would be happy to eat the "raw food " that too for this exhorbitant price . And this cousin was from my maternal side who enjoy good food but not that experimental as we are .

In one of my blogs i had remarked that our family says the location of places by the nearest food joint always -- for eg :  where did i buy my mobile ? its from a place near Teppan, the japanese restaurant at TTK road ,chennai ..Other normal people will say "Univercell " .

And if you feel that i am the embodiment of my family and its eating gene ... its time to meet my dad ...Last time he ran away to the kitchen when home made mutton biriyani was served . Reason : without eating 2 fried eggs as a preparation the biriyani will not get digested it seems .  Now dont you agree this is a genetic trait  ...


from foodland dr haroon marikar

No comments:

Post a Comment