Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 26, 2012

bachelors will ..


Bachelors thoughts once again ....


 I leave 50 000 francs to the poor. I want to be buried in their hearse.
I refuse [funeral] orations of all churches. I beg a prayer to all souls.
I believe in God

This is not my will of course  for the money is in Francs ,the French currency . This is the will of Victor Hugo the famous French novelist  of all time.  (wikipedia for details )  . Being a bachelor this moment (i have never promised anyone that i will remain one for ever :))  ,  These days it is amusing when some people tell me reasons why i should get married .  In current times most of their explanations are plain dumb while i am more amused these days because often the explanation each person gives in their "advice" to get married reveals more about their personality . One of the reasons cited by some is "What you will do with all your money  ?  "  "Whom will you give it when you die  "  ?  

For starters i have enough money to lead a very comfortable existence . But i am not Bill Gates or Victor Hugo to get tremendously worried about a massive wealth to bequeath to some highly materialistic relative/friend . I am not that rich  .  

Secondly , as illustrated in the opening quote  ,  philanthropy and bequethal is not  perview of bachelors alone . Victor Hugo was very much married  and had many kids .  So as long as there are deserving people in this world there is no cause for worry  . 

And lastly as told in previous blogs i may get married to a girl and at that moment we will have a busy time living than thinking about how to give away money after death  .. 

Oh and i forgot  .. Im not  an octagenerian to think about my will . I have other priorities in my life than creating a will now  ..

                     As i told earlier  of the many advices and reasons for marriage  this advice has come from some people who are well known in the family and friend circle for their materialism  . (money is the first and last priority for these people  )  ..So next time when you advice me please dont  say about giving my money to you or my will 
. Im already broke eating sushi every night at chennai for a week and maybe you can give me 0.01 percent in your will for me  

No comments:

Post a Comment