Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Priorities in life


Priorities in life  ……

It was long ago  .  Just after my ninth standard exams the summer vacation . That was when a dilemma struck me . As usual all my cousins had come to the ancestral home for the vacation and I too was keen to go  .  But that particular summer vacation there was a course in hobby electronics which I was very keen to attend for a long time .  I still remember the decision I took of leaving behind the handson hobby electronics summer course and going to the ancestral home to play with my cousins ..If you met me that time you would have realized the dilemma I faced as science and family went hand in hand in my top priorities in life   .. But even at that time my top priority was only one … family and relationships  . A close second only came the academics which came as a surprise even to me as I was the class topper.
Fast forward many years .. life experiences taught me the place of each thing in life be it career , friendships , love etc  and also that personality differences also affect the priorities for each person  . 
And especially these days when people even forego relationships telling “ I have to concentrate on career “  I  wonder leave alone dreamers like me what is the end objective of career .  And my sympathy for the career oriented increases when I see a sizeable proportion of workaholics who do so much overtime that I wonder what is the purpose of their life .  I have heard even the die hard career fan at his deathbed doesn’t think about excel sheets or his achieved targets instead about the relationships he/ she had or lost  .. 
When I think of one of the most focused persons on earth I would think of Adolf Hitler  . I wouldn’t  elaborate on his “career equivalent focus “ of killing the jews and expanding his country  .  But even for him after the first shot rang in his suicide when he was about to be caught there was a closely placed gunshot  following of his beloved Eva  Brown  his lady love . 
Sometime back I had blogged on 101 things to do before you die .  Since hopefully there is time for that  still it would be worthwhile if each of us think what is the priority in our life and try to align our actual life accordingly . Maybe that may bring us more closer to happiness .  And that can be done from today  ..
PS  :  Like many people think if food was the top priority in my life I wouldn’t have blogged J  ..though it is in my top 5  …Afterall we all work to eat right ? At least I do …

No comments:

Post a Comment