Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thank you teacher -- teachers day

Today morning woke up with an sms in which someone had written extensively thanking me in detail for being her teacher . Though not a great follower of pleasantries the genuineness of the message and the sincere appreciation helped me realise once again the unique joys of being in one of the helping professions .
--teaching .

Teaching is not only about teaching a subject .As any good teacher knows its making the student rise upto his full potential . And in that process both the teacher and student grows . Yes how many times we have been prompted to think when the intelligent student asks a curious question prompting us to learn further as a teacher . Looking back i still remember a few teachers who shaped me .

The first one was a nun  when i was 5 years old .  And surprisingly when i remember her i remember the smell of fresh watercolour paint and the flower for though highly academic she taught me drawing and painting . I learnt the lessons of looking at the world around , enjoying individual talents etc at that age .  And she used to smile a lot  ...

Then the teacher who was friendly but strict in my fourth standard and at that age i didnt understand that she was tough to me to make me better .  She was my classteacher and strict though friendly . When i became a teacher i realised her value ..

Then there was my mentor and teacher in postgraduation who went beyond his duties and became a personal friend and mentor .

Each of you will have a few teachers who have made a real difference in your lives .  Cherish them and a select few be a teacher as its one of the few professions where you can see a flower grow and blossom .
And for people like me that satisfaction comes before money (i do get paid too btw:) )

Happy teachers day ..

No comments:

Post a Comment