Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

when in doubt ---ask your teacher

Jetlags occur even for trips to europe  . It also became a blessing in disguise as i automatically woke up  early in the morning and slept early at night .  When your mercedes benz
taxi arrives at 7:30 am  i am more than punctual because of the jetlag effect of early morning waking up  . 
Summer and mornings have a magical charm too .  It was funny when on one of the days my daily driver of taxi apologized for being himself late .  Guess what was the time he came ?   7:34  am  . he was 4 minutes late  .
My guesthouse this time didnt have a complimentary breakfast and being in the residential area and not knowing that the neighbouring bakery opened early i starved for initial two days in the morning till 11 am . Not a big deal for me  as i eat a heavy dinner  and a  light breakfast . But 2 boxes of chocolates and one box of assorted cream biscuits and apple and orange juices with excellent coffee at 11 am more than made up for this at 11 am ... They called it a "coffee break "

Lunch during the training days were at office canteen  .  I wont forget my roots -- i love indian food and i love my mumbai office food very much . But that doesnt mean that  i didnt experiment with german food . Dont ask me the names  but  it was excellent  .  Asparagus was in season and the asparagus soup and asparagus dishes with spinach etc were very tasty though not spicy at all . I realised something which is non spicy could also be tasty in its own right.  Turkey and other poultry grilled served with some exotic sauces , beef etc were good . And being a land with many berries not limited to strawberries and rasberries the mixed juices were good . Usually polite in completing food in a decent half hour , this time i took the full one hour of the break eating continuously the unchartered german food territory while my poor colleeague from tunisia a dieting man watched for the extra half hour without complaining ...

My trainers were excellent and in the afternoon  one of them called me to her desk . I was thinking why she was calling me as she had answered all the questions during the training . I was amused that she was busy drawing a map of the best restaurant at erlangen for getting beef steak  . And of course i had asked her regarding this....So when in doubt ---ask your teacher :)

No comments:

Post a Comment