Total Pageviews

Friday, July 20, 2012

On filter coffees and ambulance driving doctors

I am biased but with reason .  Having travelled the length and breadth of the country approximately 100 + times i say Tamilians are one of the most humble people in this country  .  Its not only because i am in tamil nadu off and on for the past one month but seriously this thought runs through my mind whenever i set my foot on this state be it coimbatore,chennai, madurai or kanyakumari  . 

I  know many highly educated and immensely rich people in this state who are extremely humble in their dealings with even the lowest rungs of soceity . And this week i was pleasantly shocked to hear of an ambulance driving doctor . No.. he is not an unemployed one who has switched careers to drive an ambulance . He is earning at least 1 crore per annum  (no exaggeration )  . This guy whenever his ambulance driver is on leave helps to transport patients by being the driver himself .  How many of us are ready to do that  ?  If you say this guy is an exception i strongly disagree . In the same state of Tamil nadu i have seen a big hospital owner ( worth many crores ) sitting everyday at the casualty door . And even a electrical helper boy can go straight to him without any appointment any time of the day .  There are no people to bypass or doors to be opened as he is at the casualty gate .  I have met the occasional disproportionate humility in other states but tamil nadu leads by miles  .  (not that all people there are humble though ...) 

Though generally i find most of the people who profess religion strongly to be hypocrites ,paradoxically   for the above observation about tamil nadu  my explanation is their strong religious background .  I feel these people have imbibed the true essence of religion or spirituality in that they consider themselves nothing before the supreme power .  That attitude maybe explains the extreme humility found in this state of india  .
If you are "truly " religious 1 crore per annum doesnt make you any superior to anybody . 

And regarding filter coffee ... if this biased human (myself ) says that tamil nadu filter coffee is the best in india  and the most value for money (even better than the barista and coffee day ) and you disagree with me  ...
I have no comments ...
fan of MGR ,Kamal haasan and Rajnikant 

7 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said about the humility of the Tamilians which is great compared with our (Malayalee) arrogance.But...... I wont attribute it to their religious views. I think most of them don't practice religion and the the main Political parties led by Periyar's views are anti religion. That does not take away their humility which is their inborn nature.
    I agree totally with your opinion about he filter coffee being the best in the WORLD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find many good qualities in malayalis but their arrogance is out of the world . But generally malayalis are a great group when they r outside the state .
    regarding coffee is there any problem in drinking 6 coffees a day ? im doing that for past 2 weeks as the coffee i find really good ...in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear Dr, I am agree with ur openion,but u hav 2 see the otherpart of tamil nadu , y people r not stayback here in TN, how the local people r treaing others, especially autowalas............ munavar

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear munna ,
    i never told all people in tamil nadu are the best . My point was i have seen many real gems here who are really extremely humble inspite of enormous wealth . Chennai autowalas are the worst in the world no doubt but they dont represent the ppl of chennai .

    ReplyDelete
  5. their humility is well known, but i too don't think it has anything to do with religion. It is their culture . And ofcourse the language is so sweet. Keep writing Haroon. Abusha

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks mami . Going tamil nadu again and looking forward to it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sir, I partially agree with u on this matter. I was in chennai once during Ramadan. I was fasting and that day was my first day in hostel. I was accompanied by my collegues. we had to carry plate and tumbler.None of us had that. While breaking the fast, i asked few inmates(tamilians) to lend me their vessel. But no one helped us. Somehow i managed. But my freind felt bad and she didnt have anything that night and she asked us to change the place. But regarding mallu's, i feel they dont see anything, they rise their voice also they help anyone at any time.

    ReplyDelete